Leiden University Career Zone
An internship is an important part in your preparation for the job market. You gain relevant work experience and get a better view of what the job entails and what the organization is like.
For several master's programmes, an internship is compulsory. Even if it is not compulsory, we still advise you to include an internship in the third year of your bachelor's degree or during your master's!
Ten reasons to do an internship:
- Discover whether you really want to work for your potential employer.
- Put theory into practice.
- Explore what your interests are.
- Get inspiration for a topic for your thesis.
- Increase your networking potential.
- Gain experience with applying for jobs.
- Familiarize yourself with the pace of work.
- Get your bearings on the labour market.
- Use your practical experience to complete your studies.
- Gain work experience for your CV.
Information on internships
- Ask your study advisor or internship coordinator for advice on finding an internships and what you need to arrange.
- Find information on internships in the e-prospectus.
- Enroll in the Brightspace course on internships of your study program.
- Internships vacancy websites.
- Take a look at job vacancies via the LU Job Portal.
Job portal ENG
Leiden University Job portal
Find vacancies for internships, volunteer jobs and interesting side jobs here!
LinkedIn is an online professional platform. Useful for orientation, to network and to search and apply for jobs!Lees meer