Leiden University Career Zone
LinkedIn can be seen and used as:
- An online social network focused on the labour market: where employers, employees and job seekers can come together.
- A networking channel: where you can easily make contact with others, via personal connections, groups and organisations.
- An online professional address book: where you can request background information and contact details from your connections and others.
- A job vacancy database: where vacancies, internships, projects and volunteer opportunities are shared by people and organisations, both within their personal networks and in groups. You can also sometimes apply for jobs via LinkedIn.
- News channel: where experts and organisations share updates, articles, news and research within their networks and in groups.
- Social business platform: where commercial goals are pursued via connections, groups and organisations
Having a good LinkedIn profile is an important first step.
Read more here about the requirements for a good profile.
- Guide and manual “The ultimate guide to the perfect LinkedIn profile”
- A website with useful tips for students.
- LinkedIn alumni Leiden University
- Zety – "How to optimize a LinkedIn profile to get more jobs"