Leiden University Career Zone
The Leiden University Career Services advise students and recent graduates on the transition from study to first job and offer guidance on study choice and career questions in the bachelor and master.
Career Services is the point of contact for employees of Leiden University and employers. You can find a Career Service at every faculty. The central Career Service is located in Plexus Student Centre (Leiden) and Beehive Student Centre (The Hague).
Due to the coronavirus situation in The Netherlands, Leiden University Career Services offer limited services for an unspecifiable period. All physical Career Services locations are closed. The digital portal, the Career Zone, is opened 24/7 and part of the other services will still take place online. Check out and follow the central and faculty Career Services for more specific information via the student website, the Career Zone and social media.
FOR STUDENTS AND ALUMNI (until 1 year after graduation):
Contact your faculty's Career Service (menu on the left) for:
- discussing your study (re)choice
- discussing your (academic) career (e.g. part-time jobs, internships, extra-curricular activities)
- discussing your master programme choice
- advice on results of career tests
- looking into what positions and types of employer would suit you best
- examining your qualities, interests and what drives you (creating your personal profile)
- learning about where and how you can collect information about positions and organisations
- checking your CV, cover letter and LinkedIn profile
- preparing and practising for job interviews
More information for employers.
FOR LEIDEN UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES:
More information for Leiden University employees
Do you have general questions or would you like to reach students and graduates from all faculties? Feel free to contact us.
Central Career Service
Plexus Student Centre (Leiden) and Beehive Student Centre (The Hague)
firstname.lastname@example.org / 071-527 80 25