Leiden University Career Zone
The Career Service FSW offers support if you have questions about your career, your master choice, the job market and job applications. Are you looking for career advice? Visit the Career Service FSW!
The Career Services and Community Engagement Service FSW offer limited services for an unspecifiable period due to the coronavirus crisis.
It is still possible to make an appointment with one of the career counsellors, but it will be by phone or Skype call.
The online CV and LinkedIn profile check - service is also still available.
For other questions please contact us by email.
For short questions, and a cv, motivation letter, LinkedIn check:
On Monday and Wednesday from 11.00 - 12.00. Without appointment, room 3C04, Pieter de la Court building.
Online CV and LinkedIn profile check
Send an email with the (Word) attachments and/or your LinkedIn profiel url to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header: 'CV check' / 'LinkedIn profile check'.
You will receive an answer within 5 days.
with one of the careers advisors about:
- discussing your (academic) career (e.g. part-time jobs, volunteer work, internships, extra-curricular activities)
- help with bachelor and master choice
- how to properly plan a gap period / year
- career testing
- looking into what positions and types of employer would suit you best
- building up your network
- get in contact with alumni through the Alumni Mentor network
- examining your qualities, interests and what drives you (your personal profile)
- learning about where and how you can collect information about positions and organisations
- checking your CV and cover letter
- tips about your LinkedIn profile
- preparing and practising for job interviews
- career planning and your personal profile
Make an appointment.
Please contact email@example.com for short questions about careers and employability.
Doubting your study choice?
Are you having doubts about your choice of studies? Maybe your studies are not going well? Are you thinking about switching programmes?
For support and guidance on study choice you can also contact the career counsellors.
Make an appointment.
Workshops & events
Attend Career Workshops offered by your Career Service!Workshops & Events