Leiden University Career Zone
The Career Service FSW offers support if you have questions about your career, your master choice, the job market and job applications. Are you looking for career advice? Visit the Career Service FSW!
with one of the careers advisors about:
- discussing your (academic) career (e.g. part-time jobs, volunteer work, internships, extra-curricular activities)
- help with bachelor and master choice
- how to properly plan a gap period / year
- career testing
- looking into what positions and types of employer would suit you best
- building up your network
- get in contact with alumni through the Alumni Mentor network
- examining your qualities, interests and what drives you (your personal profile)
- learning about where and how you can collect information about positions and organisations
- checking your CV and cover letter
- tips about your LinkedIn profile
- preparing and practising for job interviews
- career planning and your personal profile
Make an appointment.
DOUBTING YOUR STUDY CHOICE?
Are you having doubts about your choice of studies? Maybe your studies are not going well? Are you thinking about switching programmes?
For support and guidance on study choice you can also contact the career counsellors.
More information about study (re)choice can be found on the LU Career Zone.
Make an appointment.
CV AND LINKEDIN PROFILE CHECK
Send an email with the (Word) attachments and/or your Linkedin profile url to email@example.com with the header: 'CV service' or 'LinkedIn profile check'.
We aim to have your CV / LinkedIn profile checked within 5 working days.
You can also discuss your CV and/or Linkedin profile with one of the student assistants of the Career Service FSW, via Teams or phone call.
Make an appointment with Iris or Annabel via the online appointment form!
Check out the tips on writing a CV and creating a LinkedIn profile in the Career zone and adjust your CV and LinkedIn profile if necessary before you mail them to the Career Service.
Workshops & events
Attend Career Workshops offered by your Career Service!Workshops & Events
CV & LinkedIn profile check
CV & LINKEDIN PROFILE CHECK
> Email service
Send an email with your CV / LinkedIn profile url to firstname.lastname@example.org
> Online appointment
Discuss your CV and/or LinkedIn profile with the student assistant of the Career Service FSW during an online appointment
First check out the tips on: