Leiden University Career Zone
Governance and Global Affairs
2511 DP The Hague
Laura van der Plas MSc
More information about career advice.
Do you want to have your CV reviewed by a career advisor? Make use of our email service.
Procedure: first, review the CV checklist to optimise your CV.
If you have made your own changes and are satisfied, send an email with your CV attached (PDF) to email@example.com, mentioning ‘cv-check’. PLEASE NOTE! Clearly indicate the position(s) you are applying for (type of position + job title). This is the only way we can assist you effectively.
The Career Service is here to help students (and recent graduates) in their transition to the job market. that's why we organise various activities throughout the year, including:
- Meet the Employer – an event for specific job vacancies aimed at third-year and master's students, featuring 45-minute sessions where employers introduce themselves to students and discuss the company in general, as well as upcoming job vacancies.
- Speed dating with Traineeships – an event where students have speed dates with traineeships from organisations. Students are divided into groups and visit all companies in rounds of 10 minutes. This event takes place on March 6.
- Campus The Hague Career Event – a job fair with short company pitches for orientation, targeting all students. At this event, companies have stands in a market-like setting, and students explore and get to know all the companies.
- Workshops and training related to job market preparation – to learn all the necessary skills. For example, workshops such as ‘Networking & LinkedIn’, ‘CV & Cover letter writing’, or ‘Motivations’.
- Company visits – we visit organisations. These events usually include a tour, presentation, and an interactive exercise related to the type of work done at the organisation, allowing students to get a taste of what it's like to work for the organisation.
- Career College – speakers come to us to talk about a specific topic. Typically, multiple organisations are present at these events because they are organised around a particular theme (e.g., ‘Working at an NGO', ‘Working in IT’, etc.)
- Company workshops – organisations come to us to give a workshop on a specific skill (e.g., negotiation).
Group offering of workshops and courses:
- In this overview, you will find all the workshops and courses you can participate in.
Individual offerings (ongoing):