Leiden University Career Zone
Networking interview questions
- Work experience of the person you are meeting with (previous positions and how long have they been in the job)
- Did the person consciously choose to enter this profession/field of work?
- If not, how did he/she end up in this job?
- Job title and brief description
- Context/environment in which the work is carried out (e.g. working outdoors, irregular working hours, ratio of team/individual work etc.)
- Other aspects to be taken into account? (work clothing, footwear, safety equipment etc. )
- Main duties, other duties, details of duties
- Describe a normal working day/week
- Describe a normal month/year
- What distinguishes a top performer in this position from a mediocre performer?
- What is the average age of employees in this position?
- What is the hierarchical structure within the organisation?
- What are the good/positive aspects of the job (e.g. certain tasks or duties)
- Perks of the job (advantages, e.g. 13th month, company car, shares etc.)
- Less fun sides of the job (e.g. certain tasks or duties)
- Disadvantages of the job (e.g. working hours, location, working outdoors etc.)
- What qualification(s)/diplomas are required; what level (university degree or professional training)?
- Work experience required?
- What personal qualities/skills are important?
- Any physical requirements?
- Are certain attitudes to work expected (e.g. willingness to do overtime)?
- What type of training is given to new recruits and long-term employees?
- Options for further education/courses?
- Are there opportunities for growth? Is there room for personal development within the job?
Prospects, career development?
- Is further training required due to (rapid) changes in this field of work?
Workshops & events
Attend Career Workshops offered by your Career Service!Workshops & Events