Leiden University Career Zone
Adaptability and stress-resistance
Adapting to and capitalising on different people and new or changing circumstances.
- Is open to changes in his or her tasks.
- Finds it easy to switch between different tasks.
- Adapts his or her approach to the person, culture or situation.
- Quickly masters the culture in a new environment/organisation.
- Adjusts the own opinion based upon new information and/or persuasive arguments put forward by others.
- Is able to cooperate with a whole range of people.
Continuing to perform effectively when under time pressure and in the face of setbacks, disappointments or resistance.
- Continues to work systematically when a number of people simultaneously ask for his or her contribution and/or commitment.
- Continues to work calmly and effectively when deadlines approach.
- Continues to respond self-assuredly in the face of tension and emotion.
- Recovers quickly from a setback or disappointment.
- Doesn’t take his eye off the ball during crises.
- Responds calmly in the face of resistance or personal reproach.