Leiden University Career Zone
Workshops CS Medicine
The Career Service Medicine/LUMC offers events and workshops to help you explore the labour market and finding a job.
Workshops & Events
- CV & Cover Letter
- LinkedIn Profile & Network
- Prepare Yourself for the Bio Science Park Excursion
- Prepare Yourself for the Bètabanenmarkt
- Career College: Working in Research
- Career College: Working in Education
- Career College: Working as a Data Scientist
- Career College: Working as a Consultant
Workshop CV & Cover Letter
Did you know most recruiters only spend 10 seconds scanning through your CV before they decide you are a valuable candidate and continue to read your cover letter? In this interactive workshop, we will guide you in creating a CV and cover letter that meet your needs. We will help you to create the structure and fine tune the content.
This is an interactive workshop. You are invited to bring your laptop, so you can work on your CV and/or cover letter during the workshop. The following subjects will be covered:
- The structure of a CV and cover letter
- The layout of a CV and cover letter
- How to adjust your CV and cover letter to a vacancy
- How to market yourself effectively in your cover letter
Workshop LinkedIn profile & network
LinkedIn is an excellent tool to meet future employers and interesting companies. This workshop will teach you how to create the perfect LinkedIn profile, and once you have a good profile how to use LinkedIn to find jobs. During this workshop we will give you tips and tricks to create the perfect profile.
During this interactive workshop, you are invited to bring your laptop, so you can work on your LinkedIn profile. The following subjects will be covered:
- Create an appealing profile
- How to use LinkedIn
In case you do not have a LinkedIn account, we advise you to create one prior to the workshop.
Workshop Job Interview
Do you know what is important during job interviews? How can you prepare optimally? During this workshop you will learn what to share about yourself and how to best present yourself in a job interview. What should the employer know about you and about your background?
Imagine, you are invited for an interview for an internship or job. That is exciting news and perhaps nerve racking at the same time. So, what to do and how to act before, during and after an interview? During this workshop you will learn what a job Interview consist of, ways to convince why they should choose you for the job or internship, and the do’s and don’ts during an interview.
The following subjects will be covered:
- How do you prepare for an interview?
- How do you formulate the best answers in a job interview?
- How does a job interview actually work? What are the steps in an application procedure?
Career College can help you to gain insight into the career opportunities related to an area of expertise that is of interest to you! During a Career College, a panel of professionals from a specific area of expertise will be joining the event. Preferably this panel consist of alumni of the Science and/or LUMC faculty. They are invited to talk about their careers and experiences. There will be the opportunity to discuss several topics with the panel members, such as:
- What exactly are the activities of a professional? How does a normal day looks like?
- Which skills are necessary to be successful?
- What is important for employers when applying for a position in their organization?
- Is a PhD degree a benefit or a disadvantage for a career in a particular area of expertise?
During Career College you can actively participate and ask questions about the opportunities and challenges, frustrations and success factors of working in a certain area of expertise.
The following Career Colleges have been organized for the academic year 19/20: Working in Research, Working in Education, Working in Data Science and Working in Consulting.
These Career Colleges are free events and are available to all students and recent graduates of the Faculty of Science and LUMC. Once you have registered for a Career College, you will be informed a few days in advance about the panel members participating in the event.
Workshops Career Service Medicine/LUMC
Workshops & events Career Service Medicine/Law