Leiden University Career Zone
Workshops CS Medicine
The Career Service Medicine/LUMC offers events and workshops to help you explore the labour market and finding a job.
Workshop CV & Cover Letter
Did you know most recruiters only spend 10 seconds scanning through your CV before they decide you are a valuable candidate and continue to read your cover letter? In this interactive workshop, we will guide you in creating a CV and cover letter that meet your needs. We will help you to create the structure and fine tune the content.
This is an interactive workshop. You are invited to bring your laptop, so you can work on your CV and/or cover letter during the workshop. The following subjects will be covered:
- The structure of a CV and cover letter
- The layout of a CV and cover letter
- How to adjust your CV and cover letter to a vacancy
- How to market yourself effectively in your cover letter
Workshop LinkedIn profile & network
LinkedIn is an excellent tool to meet future employers and interesting companies. This workshop will teach you how to create the perfect LinkedIn profile, and once you have a good profile how to use LinkedIn to find jobs. During this workshop we will give you tips and tricks to create the perfect profile.
During this interactive workshop, you are invited to bring your laptop, so you can work on your LinkedIn profile. The following subjects will be covered:
- Create an appealing profile
- How to use LinkedIn
In case you do not have a LinkedIn account, we advise you to create one prior to the workshop.
Workshop Job Interview
Do you know what is important during job interviews? How can you prepare optimally? During this workshop you will learn what to share about yourself and how to best present yourself in a job interview. What should the employer know about you and about your background?
Imagine, you are invited for an interview for an internship or job. That is exciting news and perhaps nerve racking at the same time. So, what to do and how to act before, during and after an interview? During this workshop you will learn what a job Interview consist of, ways to convince why they should choose you for the job or internship, and the do’s and don’ts during an interview.
The following subjects will be covered:
- How do you prepare for an interview?
- How do you formulate the best answers in a job interview?
- How does a job interview actually work? What are the steps in an application procedure?
- What exactly are the activities of a professional? How does a normal day looks like?
- Which skills are necessary to be successful?
- What is important for employers when applying for a position in their organization?
- Is a PhD degree a benefit or a disadvantage for a career in a particular area of expertise?
The following Career Colleges have been organized for the academic year 19/20: Working in Research, Working in Education, Working in Data Science and Working in Consulting.
Workshops Career Service Medicine/LUMC
Workshops & events Career Service Medicine/LawWorkshops Calendar