Leiden University Career Zone
Initiative and entrepreneurship
Initiative, entrepreneurship (daring).
Identifying problems and opportunities and taking appropriate action on own initiative.
- Takes the initiative to ask look for additional information.
- Takes initiatives in his or her work.
- Takes the initiative in coming forward with own ideas, solutions or proposals for improvements.
- Takes the lead with new developments by taking on activities and responsibilities.
- Achieves breakthroughs in difficult situations by being the first to take up a position.
- Takes action in order to create an opportunity or prevent future problems.
Identifying opportunities and possibilities for the development of new knowledge and areas of application and/or for new services. Acting accordingly and daring to take sensible risks when doing so.
- Looks for opportunities and possibilities.
- Dares to take up new things.
- Comes forward with new ideas for knowledge and areas of application, products and services.
- Does research in marketing and environment.
- Indicates which investments are needed in order to capitalise on market opportunities.
- Dares to take sensible risks in order to achieve specific advantages.
- Undertakes action to create new applications, products or services.